Samsung SDS SHP-DH538 Digital Door Lock User Manual
User friendly access with cards and password.
When a user gets close to the door lock, the authorization standby mode will automatically activate.
When going in or out, the sound of the key entering and door opening will be suspended.
Security Assurance Function
When someone is inside the house, authorization for entry from the outside will be prohibited.
Built-in Fire Detection
Generates alarm in case of a fire.
Prevents intrusion from the outside.
Smartphone Interworking function
Conveniently open the door through the Bluetooth function of a smart phone.
Warning: This section contains important information to ensure the user’s safety and prevent potential damage to property. Please, read this section carefully and use the product accordingly.
- The user shall not install or repair the product without authorization.
- Do not install the product in the place where the gap between the door and the frame is 5mm or more.
- Make sure that no unauthorized person has the access to the password.
- Do not operate the product with wet hands, and keep liquids such as water or drinks away from the product, or the product may malfunction or be damaged.
- Do not use the excessive force or sharp objects to push the lock buttons, as this can damage the product.
- Make sure that the door is completely closed when going outside. The manufacturer does not assume the responsibility for any harm caused by engagement of the lock on an improperly closed door.
- Please do not hang on the product or pull it.
- Long-term exposure to direct sunlight may cause a crack on its touch pad.
Avoid exposure to direct sunlight during installation.
- During battery replacement, use a new one instead of the existing battery.
- Be sure to correctly match the poles (+/-) when installing the batteries. Install the batteries with the correct poles (+/-).
- Do not use water, benzene or alcohol when cleaning the product, as these fluids can cause product malfunction.
- Replace the batteries within 1 week after the battery replacement alarm sounds.
- Interference in wireless communication may occur when this product is used.
- According to the wireless communication environment, its battery may consume much.
The product components used may vary depending on the installation environment.
Outer Body Parts
Inner Body Parts
Opening the Door from Outside with a Password
When purchased, the product is set to Multi-leveled Security Code Entry Mode initially. Please refer to “Multi-leveled Security Code Entry Mode setting” for Common Mode setting.
– Silent Mode
Before entering the password, press the [*] button and enter the password, then both the sound of the key entering and the door opening will be suspended. It is a useful function if you do not want to disturb neighbors when you go in and out at night.
- Multi-leveled Security Code Entry Mode – If the security mode is changed as ‘common mode’, second step will be skipped.
- Common Mode
- Password must be entered after the light is on, and if does not, touch [Number Pad] and re-enter.
- To cancel, press [ home ] button and re-enter.
- If the password is wrong 5 times, “peep” warning alarm will sound 20 times and the system will shut-down for about 3 minutes. When malfunction happens, “beep” will sound every 10 seconds, and stop mode will be turned off automatically after 3 minutes with multiple ‘beeps’.
Opening the Door from Outside with a Card or Key Tag
The door can be opened from outside using a card or key tag. Place the registered card or key tag on the card reader.
Placing the Card or Key Tag on the Card Reader:
Activation/Deactivation of the Bluetooth Mode
After the Bluetooth mode is activated, accessing the door lock from the outside or touching its number pad can authenticate the registered Bluetooth smartphone to open the door.
The Bluetooth mode is activated by default.
- For the information on the pair/unfair of a Bluetooth smart phone, see the description of application use.
- Only smart phones with iOS 7.1 or higher and Android 4.3 or higher support this function. Whether to support Bluetooth, see the App description.
Pairing of a Smart Phone
Up to eight compatible smart phones can be paired. To pair multiple smart phones, turn off the Bluetooth of a paired smart phone, and pair another smart phone. If a Bluetooth smart phone registered is lost, replaced, or repaired and its information cannot be deleted from the door lock, the door lock should be initialized.
Multi-leveled Security Code Entry Mode
You can set the security mode suitable for your use when you open the door using a password.
Double Authorization Mode Setting
You can delete Double authorization mode requires both card and password to open the door, ensuring more security.
To setup the double authorization mode, one or more cards must be registered. Two-factor Authentication Mode Operation
Sound Setting and Releasing
The sound that is generated when the number buttons are pressed, when the door is locked or when the locked door is unlocked, can be set according to the user’s preference. The product is set to generate all sounds at the factory. – [ 0 ] Button: All sounds except the alarm sound are deactivated.
–  and  Buttons: All sounds are activated and the sounds get bigger as the step become higher.
Automatic/Manual Locking Setting
The Automatic Locking mode allows for automatic locking of the door when it is closed.
Security Assurance Mode Activation/Deactivation
At-home security mode is to prevent opening of the door from outside while someone is inside.
Security Assurance Mode Activation: Security Assurance Mode Deactivation: Security Assurance Mode Operation: Note: When the security assurance function is activated, the door cannot be unlocked from the outside, so please be careful. Be especially careful not to allow children to set this mode accidently from the inside.
Welcome Function On/Off
The welcome function is a convenient function that automatically activates the authorization standby mode when a user approaches the door, even before touching the number pad. On and Off / Function Description:
– Welcome function on: The mode will automatically activate the authorization standby mode when a user approaches the door lock.
– Welcome function off: The mode will authorize a user when the user enters the password on the number pad or connects a card to the number pad.
– One-minute alarm function on/ off: When someone remains in front of the door lock for more than a minute, this mode will sound the tamper prevention alarm.
- The factory defaults are set with the welcome function on and the alarm function off.
- The working distance of the infrared sensor can differ depending on light conditions and other environments. When the front door is exposed to sun light or constant bright lights it is advised to limit the usage of the sensor as it might sound the alarm.
Door Lock Time Setup Function
This function sets the time interval between the moment the door open/closed sensor recognizes the door as closed and the moment deadbolt locks the door. In an environment that the door closes slowly and the deadbolt jams before the door is fully closed, the situation can be fixed by adjusting the door lock time.
Set up Instructions for Alarm and Anti unlock functions
When this function is activated, an alarm sound and light will turn on for approximately 5 minutes duration.
When this function is activated, the internal handle will become tightened to prevent bypass attempts through door edge tools will be minimized.
Set up the Alarm function: Set up the Anti-Unlock function: Release the Alarm function: Release the Anti-Bypass function: Warning: Anti-Bypass function should only be set up when there is no one inside.
Intrusion Detection Function
This function generates the alarm sound when an attempt is made to forcefully open the door from the inside or the outside.
(This is a basic function of the lock, and cannot be separately set or released.)
If the door is forcefully opened while locked, the door opening sensor detects it and generates the alarm sound.
Replacing the Batteries
Battery Replacement Alarm Generation
If the melody of “Blues for Elise” sounds when opening the door with the password or a card (key tag), it is time to replace the batteries. (The low battery indicator is lighted when the melody sounds.)
Replacing the Battery
Replace all 8 batteries within a 1 week of the first alarm sound.
– The unit will stop operating suddenly if the batteries are not replaced. Warning:
- Depending on battery manufacturer, date of manufacture and the user environment, the duration of use may vary.
(In the case of average use, given as 10 times a day, 8 AA alkaline 1.5Vbatteries can last for 10 months.)
- If the poles of the batteries are not placed properly, the lock will not operate normally.
- Liquid leaks from batteries can damage the product. Check the batteries regularly (every 6 months).
- After the battery replacement alarm has sounded, password/card information cannot be registered, changed, deleted, initialized or configured until the batteries are replaced.
Using the Emergency Battery
If the batteries are not replaced after their replacement time comes, they will be completely discharged and the lock will not operate.
Opening the Door Using an Emergency Battery:
Purchase an emergency battery (9V) at the nearest store.
– As the alkaline batteries offer longer life, they are recommended over the manganese batteries or rechargeable ones.
While connecting a 9V battery to the contact point, it is available to use card and password.
Alarm Sound (Prank Prevention Function)
This function generates an alarm sound and deactivates lock operation when it is improperly handled from the outside.
This alarm will sound if an attempt is made to open the door with an invalid card, or if a wrong password is entered five times in a row. The alarm sound is generated, and the lock is deactivated for 3 minutes. While the door is in this inactive mode, a single “DING” sound is generated every 10 seconds and seven consecutive “DINGS” will sound after 3 minutes. Following this, the lock is released from inactive mode.)
Releasing the Alarm
Inside Press the [Register] button.
Outside Apply the registered card or key tag to the card reader, or enter the password and then press the [*] button.
Built-in Fire Detection Function
This function generates the alarm sound when fire is detected so that the residence an quickly respond. The built-in fire detection function is a basic function of the lock, and cannot be released by the user.
Fire detection function is operational at about 60 °C ± 10 °C; this can vary depending on the installation environment.
When fire occurs, the temperature sensor detects it and flashes the [Close] button while generating the alarm sound.
The door is automatically opened after the alarm sound has stopped.
(The lock resumes normal operation if the inside temperature returns to a normal level.)
AA Alkaline 1.5 Batteries (LR6) 4EA or 8EA (6V)
Emergency Power Source
9V Battery (6LF22) (Separately sold)
Electronic Control Method (Password, Bluetooth, Card, Key Tag)
2.6 kg (including both inner and outer bodies)
Outer Body (including the handle)
|77.4mm (W) X 313.4mm(H) X 66.8mm(D)
Inner Body (including the handle)
|79mm (W) X 290mm(H) X 80.3mm(D)
*The contents of this user guide are subject to change without prior notice to the user in order to enhance performance of the product.