Samsung Activity Tracker EI-AN900
Copyright © 2014 Samsung Electronics
This device is compatible with Samsung mobile devices that have Android version 4.3 or later.
- Please read this manual before using the device to ensure safe and proper use.
- Descriptions are based on the device’s default settings.
- This manual’s images and content may differ from the product.
- Some content may differ from your device depending on the software version, and is subject to change without prior notice.
- This product is intended for recreational use only. This device and related software is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease or any other medical purposes. Content found from the product and the application are for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the relationship between you and your physician or other medical provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have learned through the product.
- Keep this device out of reach of young children.
Check the product box for the following items. The supplied items may vary depending on the region. Activity tracker, band, clip, USB cable, and user manual.
Charging the device
Charge the device before using it for the first time, or when the device has been unused for an extended period. Detach the device from the band or the clip before charging. During charging, you cannot use the device’s functions.
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the charging jack of the device, and then plug the large end of the USB cable to a computer or a charger.
- When fully charged, disconnect the device from the USB cable. In the following cases, charge the device before use:
- Notification light flashes red and the alarm sounds.
- When pressing the Confirm button, the notification light flashes red. Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Unapproved chargers or cables can cause the battery to explode or damage the device.
Charging and using time
|Approximately 2 hours
|Approximately 3–5 days
Checking the battery status
- Use the device after charging the battery more than 60%.
- Charging time and using time may differ depending on the battery status and the conditions that the device is used in.
- Check the charging status by the colour of the notification light.
Red: Charging error
Green: Charging complete
- To save energy, unplug the charger when not in use. The charger does not have a power switch, so you must unplug the charger from the electric socket when not in use to avoid wasting power. The charger should remain close to the electric socket and easily accessible while charging.
Attaching or detaching the device
Attach or detach the device to the band or the clip.
Attaching the device
Align the Slide button to the band or the clip’s slot, and then press the other side to firmly install it. should be on the top of the device.
Detaching the device
From the band Twist the slot of the band to protrude the device. Then, pull the device from the slot.
From the clip Twist the slot of the clip to protrude the device. Then, pull the device from the slot.
Do not pull or stretch out the band or clip excessively. Doing so may damage the band or clip.
Pairing and connecting with a mobile device
To use the device, you may need to install the Activity tracker application on your mobile device. Use Samsung Apps or Play Store to install the Activity tracker.
- On the mobile device, launch the Activity tracker application.
- Tap Next.
- Check the help screen and tap Close.
- Enter the profile and tap Next.
- Press and hold the Confirm button on the device for two seconds to enter Pairing mode. The indicator lights flash for approximately 30 seconds.
- On the mobile device, tap Scan.
- Tap Activity tracker on the search list. When connected, the notification light flashes blue three times.
- Make sure to activate the mobile device’s Bluetooth feature.
- After initial pairing, the device automatically connects with the mobile device when they are within the Bluetooth connection range.
- Data stored on the device can be checked from the mobile device.
- Data stored on the device will be reset if the date and time are changed on the mobile device.
- More compatible applications may be available at www.samsung.com.
Check your physical activities and daily deep sleep ratio. You can also get notifications of incoming calls or messages, or set an alarm to prevent from losing your devices. Refer to the help screen on the Activity tracker application.
Move the Slide button to . The indicator lights flash from left to right.
Check various information, such as distance, burned calories, steps per hour, and record. You can check the achievement by pressing the Confirm button on the device.
Set up a goal, such as time, distance, or calories to burn.
Move the slide button to . The indicator lights flash from right to left.
The motion sensor on your product tracks your movement overnight including when you are awake, tossing and turning in bed, to categorize such movement as deep sleep or light sleep.
For purposes of this product, deep sleep means the product has tracked minimum movement while you were sleeping. Light sleep means the product has tracked noticeable movement while you were sleeping. Based on such tracking of movements, the product will show the deep sleep ratio by calculating: (total deep sleep time/total sleeping time)*100. The above terms and its definition may not comply with your normal usage of such terms. Please read carefully the definition of the terms above.
To use the notification feature, set the desired feature from the Activity tracker application.
Connection lost alert
When the device and the mobile device become separated, the lights flash and the alarm sounds. To stop the alarm, press the Confirm button on the device.
Find my device
Press and hold the Confirm button on the device for approximately two seconds. The alarm sounds for three minutes from the mobile device.
Find my Activity tracker
When you misplace the device, tap Find my activity tracker to find your device. The indicator lights flash for three minutes and the alarm sounds. To stop the alarm, press the Confirm button on the device.
Receive notifications on incoming calls or messages.
You can update the device to the latest firmware. On the Activity tracker application, tap → Settings → About activity tracker → Firmware → & repeat.
Forgetting and Resetting the device
Unpair the device and reset its data when the device is not properly connected to a mobile device, or to pair with other mobile devices.
Forgetting the device
On the Activity tracker application, tap→ Settings → My activity tracker → Deregister. You can reconnect by tapping Register.
Resetting the device
Resetting from the mobile device
When the device and the mobile device are connected, on the Activity tracker application screen, tap→ Settings → Reset to reset the device and the application.
Resetting from the device
Press and hold the Confirm button for approximately 12.5 seconds. The alarm sounds and the device will be reset.
To prevent injury to yourself and others or damage to your device, read the safety information about your device before using the device.
Handle and dispose of the device with care
- Never crush or puncture the device.
- Avoid exposing the device to high external pressure, which can lead to an internal short circuit and overheating.
- Do not store or carry flammable liquids, gases, or explosive materials in the same compartment as the device.
- Store your device only on flat, vibration less surfaces.
When using the device, mind the following:
- Humidity and liquids may damage parts or electronic circuits.
- Do not store the device in hot areas. High temperature may cause damage to the device or shorten battery life.
Do not drop the device or cause impacts to it. Do not store your device near or in heaters, microwaves, hot cooking equipment, or high pressure containers.
- The battery may leak.
- Your device may overheat and cause a fire.
Keep the device out of children’s reach. If children use the device, make sure that they use the device properly
- Doing so may damage the device or cause an explosion.
- Doing so may cause suffocation or serious injuries.
- If children use the device, make sure that they use the device properly.
Do not disassemble, modify, or repair the device Any changes or modifications to the device can void your manufacturer’s warranty. For service, take the device to a Samsung Service Centre.
When cleaning your device, mind the following
- Wipe your device or charger with a towel or an eraser.
- Clean the battery terminals with a cotton ball or a towel.
- Do not use chemicals or detergents. Doing so may discolour or corrode the outside the device or may result in electric shock or fire.
Do not use the device for anything other than its intended use Your device may malfunction.
Allow only qualified personnel to service your device
Allowing unqualified personnel to service your device may result in damage to your device and will void your manufacturer’s warranty.
Correct disposal of this product
(Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment) (Applicable in countries with separate collection systems)
This marking on the product, accessories or literature indicates that the product and its electronic accessories (e.g. charger, headset, USB cable) should not be disposed of with other household waste. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, please separate these items from other types of waste and recycle them responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. Household users should contact either the retailer where they purchased this product, or their local government office, for details of where and how they can take these items for environmentally safe recycling. Business users should contact their supplier and check the terms and conditions of the purchase contract. This product and its electronic accessories should not be mixed with other commercial wastes for disposal. This EEE is compliant with RoHS.
- Model type/name : PP031012AB
- Manufacturer/Trademark : TIANJIN Lishen Battery
- Standard of Pack, Cell: EN60950-1 / UL1642
Correct disposal of batteries in this product
(Applicable in countries with separate collection systems)
The marking on the battery, manual or packaging indicates that the battery in this product should not be disposed of with other household waste. Where marked, the chemical symbols Hg, Cd or Pb indicate that the battery contains mercury, cadmium or lead above the reference levels in EC Directive 2006/66. The battery incorporated in this product is not user replaceable. For information on its replacement, please contact your service provider. Do not attempt to remove the battery or dispose it in a fire. Do not disassemble, crush, or puncture the battery. If you intend to discard the product, the waste collection site will take the appropriate measures for the recycling and treatment of the product, including the battery.
RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED
BY AN INCORRECT TYPE.
DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING
TO THE INSTRUCTIONS
Declaration of Conformity
For the following
Product : Activity tracker
Model(s) : EI-AN900A
Declaration & Applicable standards
We hereby declare, that the product above is in compliance with the essential requirements of the R&TTE Directive (1999/5/EC) by application of:
EN 301 489-1 V1.9.2
EN 301 489-17 V2.2.1
EN 300 328 V1.7.1
EN 60950-1 :2006+A11 :2009+A1 :2010+A12 :2011
and the Directive (2011/65/EU) on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Representative in the EU
Samsung Electronics Euro QA Lab.
Blackbushe Business Park, Saxony Way,
Yateley, Hampshire, GU46 6GG, UK
2013.12.26 Stephen Colclough / EU Representative
(Place and date of issue) (Name and signature of authorized person)
This is not the address of Samsung Service Centre. For the address or the phone number of Samsung Service Centre, see the warranty card or contact the retailer where you purchased your product.