LG 9020 IP Phone User Guide
All feature codes mentioned in this guide are system default. If you have issues with any of the codes then they may have changed, please contact our support team for assistance.
Make A Call
- Lift the handset (or leave handset in the cradle to dial handsfree)
- External Call – Dial 9 then the telephone number
- Internal Call – Dial the internal extension number or press a pre-programmed button
- To end the call, replace the handset (or if handsfree press the speaker button).
Answer A Call
- Lift the handset (or press the speaker button to answer handsfree or if using a headset).
Place a Call on Hold
- Whilst on a call press the hold/save button, you can then replace the handset
- To return to the call press the hold/save button or the flashing Call button.
- Press the Mute button to toggle mute on or off. The caller will not be able to hear you but you will be able to hear them.
Transfer a call
- Whilst on a call press the Transfer/PGM button then you can either:
– Transfer internally by dialing the extension number
– Transfer externally by dialing 9 followed by the telephone number
– Transfer a call to someone’s mailbox by press Transfer/PGM then Message then the extension number
- Connect the call to the recipient by replacing the handset either before or after they have answered the call.
- Press Trans/PGM to return to the call if you do not wish to transfer it.
If you have a pre-programmed button for an extension you do not have to press the transfer button first you can simply press the button.
To Pick up a call ringing elsewhere
- Either press the button assigned as Pick up or dial 566 to pickup calls in your group
- Or dial *77 followed by the extension number or button assigned to the extension or group that is ringing (which should be flashing to indicate a ringing call).
• Use the call log section for redialing
Do Not Disturb
- Press the DND/FWD button or dial 553 to enable or disable
- To access the system directory press the Directory
- Press 1 for Internal, 2 for System Speed Dials (External)
- To scroll through the entries press the volume up and down buttons or use the details below to search by name
- Press Hold/Save to dial the number currently shown on the display
Enter the name using the following example : Jenny 5-1 (J being on button 5 and 1 being the 1st letter on the 5 button), 3-2 (for E) followed by Hold/Save
Use * to space and *1 to delete and Hold/Save
- Press the button in the LCD labelled ‘Log’
- To scroll through the list of calls you can press the volume up and down buttons
- Press Ok or Send to dial the number currently selected in the display
- With a caller on the line press the button in the LCD labelled ‘Conf’
- Call the next party in usual way for either an internal or external number.
- When that call is answered press the Conf button twice which will connect all parties to the call.
- Repeat the process for any additional parties
- Press the Headset button to toggle mute on or off
Configuring your Phone
Change Ring Tone or Volume
- To change the internal ring tone Press Transfer/PGM 11 then dial the two digit ring tone 01 – 15 then press HOLD/SAVE
- To change the external ring tone Press Transfer /PGM 12 then dial the two digit ring tone 01 – 15 then press HOLD/SAVE
- To change the ringing volume press the volume up or down buttons whilst the phone is ringing
- To change your programmable buttons leave the handset down and press Transfer /PGM.
- Press the button you wish to program.
- Enter the extension number or group number. To store a speed dial number press Speed then enter the speed dial number. Then press Hold/Save.
To store a feature under a key press Transfer /PGM then press the button you wish to program then Trans/Pgm again followed by one of the codes below then Hold/Save:
– 57 – Call Logs
– 80 – Record Call
Forward All calls to another number
- Lift the handset and press DND/FWD or dial 554 then press 1
- Enter the forward destination:
– Internal Number—enter the extension or group number or press one of your pre programmed buttons
– Voicemail—Enter 401
– External Number—press the Speed button followed by the speed dial bin number or dial 9 followed by the telephone number then Hold/Save
- To cancel the forward lift the handset and press DND/FWD or dial 554 then #
Voicemail and Record A Call
To change your voicemail greeting:
- Dial 401 and then enter your extension number then passcode. Or press the pre programmed button for Voicemail.
- Dial 8 for greetings then 1 to edit your greeting
- Follow the prompts to listen, re-record and save your greeting.
To listen to a message received:
- Press the flashing Voicemail button then follow the prompts
- Or press the flashing Call Back button twice then enter your extension number and passcode then follow the prompts
- The message notification will remain on the phone until a voicemail is either saved or deleted.
Whilst listening to a message you can skip past the callers number and date/time by pressing #
To listen to saved messages:
- Press the flashing Voicemail button then 2 for saved messages
- Or press the flashing Call Back button twice then enter your extension number and passcode then 2 for saved messages
Record a call
- With a caller on the line press the ‘Record’ button
- The recording is then saved into your mailbox and can be retrieved the same way as a normal voicemail message.
Record a call is a feature that needs to be enabled on your phone first before you can use it. This must be done by the system administrator.
01284 729 869