LG LPC-130A PORTABLE CD CASSETTE RECORDER OWNER’S MANUAL
Please read this manual carefully before operating your set. Retain it for future reference. Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice for improvement.
Explanation of Graphical Symbols: The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the appliance.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO
RAIN OR MOISTURE.
To avoid electrical shock, do not open the cabinet, Refer servicing to qualified personnel only.
The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
Do not install this equipment in a confined space such a book case or similar unit.
Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure.
Laser component in this product is capable of emitting radiation exceeding the limit for Class 1.
This label is located on the interior. This Compact Disc player is classified as a CLASS 1 LASER product.
The CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT label is located on the exterior.
This product is manufactured to comply with the radio interference requirements of EEC DIRECTIVE 89/336/EEC, 93/68/EEC and 73/23/EEC.
Handling the unit
When shipping the unit: The original shipping carton and packing materials come in handy. For maximum protection, re-pack the unit as it was originally packed at the factory.
To keep the surface clean: Do not use volatile liquids, such as insecticide spray, near the unit. Do not leave rubber or plastic products in contact with the unit for a long period of time. They will leave marks on the surface.
Cleaning the unit
To clean the cabinet: Use a soft, dry cloth. If the surfaces are extremely dirty, use a soft cloth lightly moistened with a mild detergent solution. Do not use strong solvents, such as alcohol, benzine, or thinner, as these might damage the surface of the unit.
2.Notes on Discs:
Handling discs: Do not touch the playback side of the disc. Hold the disc by the edges so that fingerprints will not get on the surface. Do not stick paper or tape on the disc.
Storing discs: After playing, store the disc in its case. Do not expose the disc to direct sunlight or sources of heat, or leave it in a parked car exposed to direct sunlight, as there may be a considerable temperature increase inside the car.
Cleaning discs: Fingerprints and dust on the disc can cause poor picture quality and sound distortion. Before playing, clean the disc with a clean cloth. Wipe the disc from the center out. Do not use strong solvents such as alcohol, benzine, thinner, commercially available cleaners, or anti static spray intended for analog records.
3.Notes on Tapes:
Removing the tab(s) of the cassette (with a small screwdriver) will prevent accidental erasure. To record again, cover the hole of the tab with adhesive tape.
Up Panel/Front Panel
Rear Panel/Display Window
Rear Panel: Display Window:
- FM ANTENNA
- VOLTAGE SELECTOR (OPTIONAL)
- AC POWER INPUT SOCKET
- HEADPHONE SOCKET ( ): 3.5mm
- RIF/FM MODE SWITCH (ST./MONO)
- BATTERY COMPARTMENT
- CD REPEAT PLAY indicator
- CD PLAY indicator
- CD PAUSE indicator
- CD TRACK NUMBER indicator
- CD SYNCHRONIZED RECORDING indicator
The AC Power Cord Connection
- Before connecting the AC power cord, check that the operating voltage of your unit is identical with the voltage of your local power supplied.
- Connect one end of the AC power cord (supplied) to the AC IN socket located at the backside of your unit.
- Plug the other end into the wall outlet. Note:
Unplug the AC power cord from the wall outlet if you do not to use for an extended period of time.
Adjusting the voltage (OPTIONAL)
If your unit is equipped with a voltage selector at the back side, be sure to set it to your local power supplied before connecting the AC power cord.
- Press and open the battery cover.
- Put six “C”(R14) batteries (not supplied) into the compartment making sure the + and – are correctly positioned.
- Replace the battery cover. Note
– To avoid damage from possible battery leakage, remove the batteries if you do not plan to use the unit for an extended period of time.
– When the batteries are weak, replace all the batteries with new ones.
– During the AC power cord connect to the wall outlet, the batteries are not worn out.
Turn VOLUME CONTROL DIAL clockwise to increase the sound level, or counterclockwise to decrease it.
– Connect a stereo headphone plug ( 3.5mm) into the headphone jack.
– The speakers are automatically disconnected when you plug in the headphones (not supplied).
Listening to the radio
- Set FUNCTION SWITCH to select AM or FM.
- Set a station by turning TUNING dial. To turn off the radio
Set FUNCTION SWITCH to TAPE or CD (OFF) to turn off your unit.
Setting STEREO/ MONO
- Set RIF/ FM MODE SWITCH to ST. to listening to an FM stereo broadcast.
- Set RIF/ FM MODE SWITCH to MONO when listening to an FM stereo broadcast.
Selecting this function will substantially reduce the noise, however the stereo effect will be lost. Notes:
Adjust the antenna to get more clear reception.
– AM antenna
This antenna is built within the unit and rotate the unit for better reception.
– FM antenna
Pull the telescopic antenna out and adjust the angle and direction for better reception.
- Set FUNCTION SWITCH to TAPE.
- Open the cassette door by pressing TAPE STOP/EJECT button.
- Insert a cassette and push close the TAPE door.
- Press TAPE PLAY to playback.
To Pause Play:
Press TAPE PAUSE button to pause. Press the button again to resume play.
To Stop Play:
Press TAPE STOP/EJECT button to stop play. (Your cassette deck will automatically stop at the end of
To Play Rewind or Fast Forward:
After pressing and holding REWIND/FAST FORWARD button during playback, press TAPE PLAY at the point you want.
- Set FUNCTION SWITCH to CD.
- Press CD DOOR OPEN ( PUSH OPEN) button to open the disc compartment.
- Load a disc with the printed side facing up.
- Close the disc compartment. The display will show the total number of tracks.
- Press CD PLAY/PAUSE button to begin play.
The track number will be shown in the display.
To Pause Play
- Press CD PLAY/PAUSE button to pause during playback.
- Press CD PLAY/PAUSE button again to resume play.
To Stop Play
Press CD STOP button during playback.
To Skipping the Track
- Press CD FORWARD SKIP/SEARCH button to go to the next track.
- When CD BACKWARD SKIP/SEARCH button is pressed once midway through a track, the player returns to the start of that track. When it is pressed again, a track is skipped each time the button is pressed.
To Searching the Track
After pressing and holding CD SKIP/SEARCH button during playback, press CD PLAY/PAUSE button at the point you want.
– Do not tilt or move your unit with discs loaded. If you do you may damage the discs and your unit.
– Do not touch the playing side of CD; the side without any printing on it.
– Clean your CD from the middle outward with a soft lint free cloth.
To Repeat Play
To play one track repeatedly
Press CD REPEAT button once during playback.
– “REPEAT 1” appears in the display.
To play all tracks repeatedly
Press CD REPEAT button again during playback.
– “REPEAT ALL” appears in the display.
To cancel repeat play
Press CD REPEAT button once more during playback.
– Repeat indicator disappears.
Wind the tape to the point recording starts. (Use only normal tapes.)
- Select a function you wish to record by setting FUNCTION SWITCH except TAPE function.
- Insert a blank tape.
- Press RECORD button.
TAPE PLAY button is pressed automatically.
- Start playing your CD or RADIO.
CD Synchronized Recording
This feature automatically records an entire CD into a cassette.
- Load a CD disc and Set FUNCTION SWITCH to CD.
- Insert a blank tape.
- Press RECORD button.
TAPE PLAY button is pressed automatically.
- The synchronized recording is started automatically after about 7 seconds.
To pause recording
Press TAPE PAUSE button. Press TAPE PAUSE button again to resume recording.
To stop recording
Press TAPE STOP/EJECT button.
(Your cassette deck will automatically stop at the end of the tape.)
– If you wish to record from the desired track, select the desired track with CD SKIP/SEARCH button before commencing CD recording.
– If bear noises sound when AM broadcast recording, reset RIF on the rear panel.
|Refer to the back panel of the unit.
|External dimensions (W x H x D)
|374 x 178 x 255 mm
|1W X 2 T.H.D 10%
|8W X 2
|DC 9V, six “C”(R14) batteries (not supplied)
|100 – 18000 Hz
|87.5 -108 MHz
|87.5 -108 MHz/65 -108 MHz
|522 – 1611 kHz or 530 – 1610 kHz
|Ferrite bar antenna
|4 Tracks 2 channel stereo
|125 – 8000Hz
|Signal to Noise Ratio
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice for improvement.