LG DVD DKS-3000
USB Direct Recording
Recording music from CD to USB device.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK) NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
This lightning flash with arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the product.
WARNING: TO PREVENT FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK HAZARD, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS PRODUCT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
WARNING: Do not install this equipment in a confined space such as a book case or similar unit.
CAUTION: This product employs a Laser System. To ensure proper use of this product, please read this owner’s manual carefully and retain it for future reference. Should the unit require maintenance, contact an authorized service center. Use of controls, adjustments or the performance of procedures other than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure. To prevent direct exposure to laser beam, do not try to open the enclosure. Visible laser radiation when open. DO NOT STARE INTO BEAM.
CAUTION: The apparatus should not be exposed to water (dripping or splashing) and
no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, should be placed on the apparatus.
CAUTION concerning the Power Cord
Most appliances recommend they be placed upon a dedicated circuit; That is, a single outlet circuit which powers only that appliance and has no additional outlets or branch circuits. Check the specification page of this owner’s manual to be certain. Do not overload wall outlets. Overloaded wall outlets, loose or damaged wall outlets, extension cords, frayed power cords, or damaged or cracked wire insulation are dangerous. Any of these conditions could result in electric shock or fire. Periodically examine the cord of your appliance, and if its appearance indicates damage or deterioration, unplug it, discontinue use of the appliance, and have the cord replaced with an exact replacement part by an authorized service center. Protect the power cord from physical or mechanical abuse, such as being twisted, kinked, pinched, closed in a door, or walked upon. Pay particular attention to plugs, wall outlets, and the point where the cord exits the appliance. To disconnect power from the mains, pull out the mains cord plug. When installing the product, ensure that the plug is easily accessible.
“This device is equipped with a portable battery or accumulator.
Safe way to remove the battery or the battery from the equipment:
Remove the old battery or battery pack, follow the steps in reverse order than the assembly. To prevent contamination of the environment and bring on possible threat to human and animal health, the old battery or the battery put it in the appropriate container at designated collection points. Do not dispose of batteries or battery together with other waste. It is recommended that you use local, free reimbursement systems batteries and accumulators.”
Disposal of your old appliance
- When this crossed-out wheeled bin symbol is attached to a product it means the product is covered by the European Directive 2002/96/EC.
- All electrical and electronic products should be disposed of separately from the municipal waste stream via designated collection facilities appointed by the government or the local authorities.
- The correct disposal of your old appliance will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health.
- For more detailed information about disposal of your old appliance, please contact your city office, waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product.
Welcome to your new DVD Karaoke System
Power supply Refer to main label.
Power consumption Refer to main label.
Net Weight 2.3 kg
External dimensions (W x H x D) 430 x 44.6 x 252.2 mm
Operating conditions Temperature 5 °C to 35 °C,
Operation status Horizontal
Operating humidity 5 % to 90 %
Laser Semiconductor laser, wavelength 650 nm
Designs and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
Remote Control(1)/Battery(1), Video Cable(1), Audio Cable(1), Karaoke Disc(1), Song Book(1), Microphone(1)
Hooking up the unit
- Connect jacks on the unit and your TV (Digital Device and etc.) using the cables.
- Plug the power cord into the power source.
For General connection – Check the jack of TV and connect according to one way as follows.
For Advanced Sound Quality – You can enjoy the best optimized sound quality according to a selected input sound source.
- Power Turns the unit on or off.
- MIC 1/MIC 2 Connects a microphone to MIC 1 or MIC 2 to both sockets.
- USB port Allows you can connect a memory device to your unit.
- DVD/CD Disc Drawer
- Display window
- R: Activates/displays USB direct recording
- VOL(Volume) (+/-) Adjusts microphone volume
- DVD : Selects DVD function.
USB : Selects USB function.
POWER : Switches the unit ON or OFF.
OPEN/CLOSE : Opens and closes the disc Drawer.
TITLE : If the current DVD title has a menu, the title menu appears on the screen. Otherwise, the disc menu may not appear.
DISPLAY : Accesses On-Screen Display.
MENU : Accesses the menu on a DVD disc.
SETUP : Accesses or removes setup menu
(left/ right/ up/ down) : Navigates on-screen displays.
ENTER : Acknowledges menu selection.
- RETURN : Moves back wards in the menu.
REC : USB direct recording
STOP : Stops playback or recording.
PLAY : Starts playback.
PAUSE/STEP : Pauses playback.
KEY CON.(b/#) : Changes the key to suit your vocal range.
TEMPO (-/+) : Enables you to play fast or slow the music speed in KARAOKE mode.
: Searches backward or forward.
: Goes to next or previous chapter/track/title.
- ECHO VOL : Adjusts echo volume.
MIC VOL : Adjusts microphone volume.
TONE CONTROL : Adjusts the tone of song in the karaoke mode.
REPEAT : Selects a play mode.(Random, repeat) Adjusts man’s or woman’s key in the karaoke mode.
SHADOW : Highlights with background shadow.
SUBTITLE : During playback, press SUBTITLE repeatedly to select a desired subtitle language. 0-9 numerical buttons. Selects numbered options in a menu.
CHORUS : Sets chorus effects as singing songs.
VOCAL FADER : You can enjoy the function as karaoke, by reducing singer vocal of music in the various source.
- TV Control buttons : Controls the TV. (LG TV only) Controlling the TV. You can control the sound level, input source, and power switching of LG TVs as well. Hold POWER (TV) and press PR(+/–) button repeatedly until the TV turns on or off. VOL(Volume) (+/-) : Adjusts speaker volume.
PROGRAM : Accesses or removes Program menu.
VSM(Virtual Sound Matrix) : Sets the Virtual Sound
CLEAR : Removes a track number on the playlist.
This button is not available.
Put the battery into the remote control
Make sure for the + (plus) and – (minus) on the battery to be matched on the remote control.
Initial Setting the Area Code
When you use this unit for the first time, you have to set the Area Code as shown below.
1 Display setup menu :
|2 Select LOCK menu on the first level:
|3 Move to second level :
The activated Area Code appears on the
second level. :
|4 Move to the third level
|5 Enter a new password
(0-9) and ENTER
|6 Recheck the entered new password
(0-9) and ENTER
|7 Select a code for a geographic area : After select, Rating and Password will be activated.
|8 To confirm what you press :
Make sure to finish setting the Area Code before leaving the setup menu if you cannot set the rating and Password
Adjusting the general settings
1 Display setup menu SETUP
2 Select a desired option on the first level
3 Move to the second level >
4 Select a desired option on the second level
5 Move to the third level >
6 Change the setting , ENTER
Adjusting the general settings – more you can do
Adjusting the language settings
OSD Selects a language for the Setup menu and on-screen display.
Disc Audio/ Disc Subtitle/ Disc Menu Selects a language for the Audio/ Menu/ Subtitle.
[Original]: Refers to the original language in which the disc was recorded.
[Other]: To select another language, press number buttons then ENTER to enter the corresponding 4-digit number according to the language code list in the reference chapter. [Off] (for Disc Subtitle): Turns off Subtitle.
Adjusting the display settings
TV Aspect – Select which screen aspect to use based on the shape of your TV screen.
[4:3]: Select when a standard 4:3 TV is connected.
[16:9]: Select when a 16:9 wide TV is connected.
Display Mode – If you selected 4:3, you’ll need to define how you would like widescreen programs and films to be displayed on your TV screen.
[Letterbox]: This displays a widescreen picture with black bands at the top and bottom of the screen.
[Panscan]: This fills the entire 4:3 screen, cropping the picture as necessary.
TV Output Select – Select an option according to the TV connection type.
[YPbPr]: When your TV is connected with the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT/PROGRESSIVE SCAN jacks on the unit.
[RGB]: When your TV is connected with the SCART jack. – If you change TV Output Select to RGB from YPbPr on the setup menu especially when connecting the unit in the way of component video connection, the screen turns black. In that case, connect the video cable to VIDEO OUT jack and select YPbPr on the setup menu again.
Progressive Scan (For Component Video connections) Selects whether the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT/PROGRESSIVE SCAN OUTPUT jacks output progressive signal. If your TV accepts progressive format signals, you will enjoy accurate color reproduction and high quality image by selecting [ON]. If your TV does not accept progressive format signals, select [OFF]. If you set Progressive Scan to [On] in error, you must reset the unit. First, remove the disc in the unit. Next, press and hold STOP for five seconds. The video output will be restored to the standard setting, and a picture will be
visible on your TV.
Adjusting the audio settings
Dolby Digital / DTS / MPEG
Bitstream : Select “Bitstream” if you connect the DVD Player’s DIGITAL OUT jack to an amplifier or other equipment with a Dolby Digital, DTS or MPEG decoder.
PCM : Select when connected to a two-channel digital stereo amplifier. DVDs encoded in Dolby Digital or MPEG will be automatically downmixed to two-channel PCM audio. For DTS decoder, audio signals are outputted only when connected according to Digital connection(through coaxial and optical jacks).
DRC (Dynamic Range Control) Make the sound clear when the volume is turned down (Dolby Digital only). Set to [On] for this effect.
Vocal – Select [On] to mix karaoke channels into normal stereo. This function is effective for multi-channel karaoke DVDs only.
Adjusting the lock settings
To access the lock options, you must enter the 4-digit password. If you have not yet entered a password you are prompted to do so.
- Enter a 4-digit password then press ENTER.
- Enter it again then press ENTER to verify. If you make a mistake while entering number, press CLEAR then correct it.
If you forget your password you can reset it.
- Remove the disc in the unit.
- Press SETUP to display the Setup menu. Input ‘210499’ and press ENTER.
Rating – Select a rating level. The lower the level, the stricter the rating. Select [Unlock] to deactivate the rating. For rated discs, make sure to press ENTER after entering the password to enjoy it.
Password – Sets or changes the password for lock settings.
[New]: Enter a new 4-digit password using the numerical buttons then press ENTER. Enter the password again to confirm.
[Change]: Enter the new password twice after entering the current password.
Area code – Select a code for a geographic area as the playback rating level. This determines which area’s standards are used to rate DVDs controlled by the parental lock. See the Area Codes on page 16.
Adjusting the others settings
DivX(R) Registration We provide you with the DivX® VOD (Video On Demand) registration code that allows you to rent and purchase videos using the DivX® VOD service. For more information, visit www.divx.com/vod. Semi Karaoke – When a chapter/ title/ track is fully finished, this function shows the score in the screen with a fanfare sound.
[On]: When you finished singing a score will appear on the screen.
[Off]: Fanfare and score do not appears on the screen.
DVD, DVD Karaoke discs with more than 2 tracks are available discs for the
this function. When you watch movies, “off ” the Semi Karaoke at the SETUP menu or enjoy it without connecting the MIC if the fanfare or score appears during changing a
chapter. SSR (Real Time Score). This function will be shown the Score to real time by checking interval and beat during sing a song in the karaoke mode only. Select the [On] :Score bar shows while checking the interval and beat. Select the [Off] :Score bar are not display on the screen. This function is not supported the Semi karaoke mode.
Playing a Disc or file – more you can do
Playing a DVD that has a menu.
Most DVD now have menus (DVD) which load first before the film begins to play. You can navigate these menus using to highlight an option. Press ENTER to select. Skipping to the next/previous chapter/track/file. (ALL)
Press to move to the next chapter/track/file.
Press to return to the beginning of the current chapter/track/file.
Press twice briefly to step back to the previous chapter/track/file.
Pausing playback (ALL)
Press PAUSE/STEP (X) to pause playback. Press PLAY (B) to continue playback.
Frame-by-Frame playback (DVD) (DivX)
Press PAUSE/STEP (X) repeatedly to play title Frame-by-Frame.
Playing repeatedly or randomly (ALL)
Press REPEAT repeatedly. The current title, chapter, or track will be played back repeatedly or randomly. To return to normal playback, press REPEAT repeatedly to select [Off]. Random play mode: only music fies.
Fast forward or fast reverse (ALL) Press to play fast forward or fast reverse during playback. You can change the playback speed by pressing repeatedly. Press PLAY to continue play at normal speed.
Selecting a subtitle language (DVD) (DivX)
During playback, press SUBTITLE repeatedly to select a desired subtitle language.
Slowing down the playing speed (DVD)
While playback is paused, press bb or BB to slow down forward or reverse playback. You can change the various playback speed by pressing repeatedly. Press PLAY to continue play at normal speed.
Watching and listen 1.5 times faster (Available only on the remote control) Press PLAY when a DVD is already playing to watch and listen to a DVD 1.5
times faster than normal playback speed. B x1.5 will appear in the top right corner of the screen. Press PLAY again to return to normal playback speed.
Viewing the Title menu (DVD)
Press TITLE to display the disc’s title menu, if available.
Viewing the DVD MENU (DVD)
Press MENU to display the disc menu, if available.
Starting play from selected time (DVD) (DivX)
Searches for the starting point of entered time code. Press DISPLAY during playback and select the time clock icon. Input the required start time in hours, minutes, and seconds, and press ENTER. If you enter the wrong number, press CLEAR to enter again.
Last Scene Memory (DVD)
This unit memorizes the last scene from the last disc that is viewed. The last scene remains in memory even if you remove the disc from the player or switch off(Stand-by mode) the unit. If you load a disc that has the scene memorized, the scene is automatically recalled.
Mixed disc or USB Flash Drive – DivX, MP3/WMA and JPEG
When playing a disc or USB Flash Drive containing with DivX, MP3/WMA and JPEG files together, you can select a folder with MENU, a file with , and then play it with ENTER.
Changing the character set to display DivX® subtitle correctly (DivX)
If the subtitle does not display properly during playback, press and hold SUBTITLE for about 3 seconds then press SUBTITLE to select another language code until the subtitle is displayed properly.
DivX file requirement (DivX)
- Available resolution size of the DivX file is under 800×600 (W x H) pixel.
- The file name of the DivX subtitle should be entered within by 45 characters.
- If there is impossible code to express in the DivX file.
- If the number of the screen frame is over 30 per 1 second, this unit may not operate normally.
- If the video and audio structure of recorded files are not interleaved, either video or audio is outputted.
Playable DivX file : “.avi “, “.mpg “, “.mpeg “, “.divx”
Playable Subtitle format : SubRip(*.srt/*.txt) ,SAMI(*.smi), SubStation Alpha(*.ssa/*.txt) MicroDVD(*.sub/*.txt) SubViewer 2.0(*.sub/*.txt) VobSub(*.sub)
Playable Codec format : “DIVX3.xx “, “DIVX4.xx “, “DIVX5.xx “, “MP43 “, “3IVX “.
Playable Audio format : “AC3 “, “PCM “, “MP3 “, “WMA “.
- Sampling frequency: within 32 – 48 kHz (MP3),within 32 – 48kHz (WMA)
- Bit rate: within 32 – 320kbps (MP3), 40 – 192kbps (WMA)
Creating your own playlist (ACD) (MP3) (WMA)
You can play the contents of a disc in the order you want by arranging the order of the music’s on the disc. The play list is cleared when the disc is removed.
- Select a desired music then press PROGRAM or select “ “ and then press ENTER to add the music to the playlist.
- To add all music in the disc, select “ ” and then press ENTER.
- Select a music from the play list then press ENTER to start programmed playback.
- To clear a music from the play list, select the music you want to clear then press CLEAR or select “ ” icon and then press ENTER. To clear all music from the play list, select ” ” then press ENTER.
Displaying file information (ID3 TAG) MP3)
You can check the ID3 TAG information of MP3 files only in discs by pressing DISPLAY repeatedly.
MP3/WMA music file requirement
MP3/WMA compatibility with this unit is limited as follows:
- File extensions: “.mp3”, “.wma”.
- Sampling frequency: within 32 – 48 kHz (MP3), within 24 – 48kHz (WMA)
- Bit rate: within 32 – 320kbps (MP3), 40 – 192kbps (WMA)
- CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW Format: ISO 9660
- Maximum Files/Disc: Less than 999 (total number of files and folders)
The screen saver appears when you leave the unit in Stop mode for about five minutes.
You must select the appropriate system mode for your TV system. If “NO DISC” appears in the display window, press and hold PAUSE/STEP (X) for more than five seconds to select a system.
You can enjoy the function as karaoke, by reducing singer vocal of music in the various source.(MP3/WMA/CD/Dolby Digital/etc.) except for Karaoke mode.
- This function is available to use only when a microphone is connected. Press VOCAL FADER, then you can see “F-ON” or “F-OFF” on the front display.
- The quality of the VOCAL FADER may be different depending on the recording conditions of music files.
Viewing photo files – more you can do
Viewing photo files as a slide show
Use to highlight icon then press ENTER to start slide show. You can change slide show speed using <> when icon is highlighted. Skipping to the next/previous photo Press SKIP to view the previous/next photo.
Rotating a photo
Use to rotate the photo in full screen counterclockwise or clockwise while viewing a photo in full screen.
Pausing a slide show
Press PAUSE/STEP to pause a slide show. Press PLAY to continue the slide show.
Photo file requirement
JPEG file compatibility with this unit is limited as follows:
- File extensions: “.jpg”
- Photo size: Less than 2MB recommended
- CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW Format: ISO 9660
- Maximum Files/Disc: Less than 999 (total number of files and folders)
Compatible USB Devices
- MP3 Player : Flash type MP3 player.
- USB Flash Drive : Devices that support USB2.0 or USB1.1.
- This USB Function may not be available depending on devices.
USB device requirement
- Devices which require additional program installation when you have connected it to a computer, are not supported.
Look out for the follows.
- Do not extract the USB device while in operation.
- For a large capacity USB, it may take longer than a few minute to be searched.
- To prevent data loss, back up all data.
- If you use a USB extension cable or USB hub, the USB device is not recognized.
- Using NTFS file system is not supported. (Only FAT(16/32) file system is supported.
- This unit is not supported when the total number of files is 1000 or more.
- For multi card readers, if connected, you can select a desired slot. If any of available slots is not displayed even after the reader is connected, press RETURN to display the slot selection display.
- On mutil cards readers, if connected, movie files are not played back.
Recording to USB – More you can do
Recording Music file in disc source to USB
One track recording
If the USB recording is started during playback of the CD, the one track/ file would be recording into the USB.
All tracks recording
If the recording button is pressed at the CD stop, all tracks/ files would be recording.
USB records after creating your own program if you want to record the track you want (Audio CD only).
When you are recording, look out for the following
- You can check the recording percentage rate for the USB record on the screen during the recording.
- When you stop recording during playback, the file that has been recorded at that time will be stored.(Audio CD only)
- Do not remove the USB device or turn off during USB recording. If not, an incomplete file may be made and not deleted on PC.
- Recording through microphones is not available.
- If USB recording does not work, the message like “No usb”, “Error”, “USB FULL” or “No rec” is displayed on the display window.
- It’ll be stored as follows.
- If you turn off and then on TV when the connected TV is HDMI mode, nothing may be displayed on screen during USB recording. To solve the problem, stop the USB direct recording.
The making of unauthorized copies of copy-protected material, including computer programs, files, broadcasts and sound recordings, may be an infringement of copyrights and constitute a criminal offense. This equipment should not be used for such purposes.
Be responsible Respect copyrights.
Karaoke Playback – More you can do
You can change the key to suit your vocal range with Key Control . You can adjust the key to 13 steps (6 steps higher, 6 steps lower and the original key). The setting appears on the screen.
- To flatten the key one by one, press the KEY CON.(b) repeatedly during playback.
- To sharp the key one by one, press the KEY CON.(#) repeatedly during playback.
To adjust ECHO Volume
You can give an echo effect to the sound from the microphones. Press the ECHO VOL (+/-) on the remote control to increase the echo volume or decrease it.
To adjust the Tone Control
If you want to adjust the tone of song in the karaoke mode. Press TONE CONTROL( ) on remote control repeatedly to change MAN’s or WOMEN’s tone
To change tempo
You can use this function when you want to play fast or slow.
- Press TEMPO +/repeatedly during singing to play faster.
- Press TEMPO -/ repeatedly during singing to play slower.
If KARAOKE CD caption and the song’s subtitle are mixed up, the song’s subtitle may be invisible. In this case, to highlight the song’s subtitle, press SHADOW. It will be highlighted by background shadow image.
- Connect your microphone to the MIC1/ MIC 2 Jacks. “m-in” will be shown in the display window.
- Play the music you want.
- Sing along with the accompaniment. Adjust the microphone volume by rotating VOL(+/-) clockwise or un clockwise or pressing MIC VOL(+/-) button on the remote control.
- When not using the microphone, set the MIC VOL(+/-) button to minimum or turn off the MICs and remove the microphone from the MIC Jacks.
- If the microphone is set too near the speaker, a howling sound may be produced. In this case, move the microphone away from the speaker or decrease the sound level by using the MIC VOL(+/-) button.
- If sound through the microphone is extremely loud, it may be distorted. In this case, press the MIC VOL(+/-) button toward minimum.
To cancel the reserved song
Each time you press CLEAR, the reserved song will be cancelled one by one.
To cancel or change the wrong reserved song
Press the PROGRAM to move to the desired position, then press CLEAR to cancel the reserved song.
Karaoke MENU playback – More you can do
Select one you want to activate/deactivate among the following functions.
Select ON/OFF to activate/deactivate.
- MUSIC LIST
You can select a desired song on each music list.
Select one among followings when you selected LOCAL SONG / POP SONG in the previous step.
Select one among followings when you selected CLSSIC LIST in the previous step.
Select initial of song title or entire title.
You can enjoy songs randomly.
You can enjoy a song game dividing by two teams of red team & blue team.
The power cord is disconnected.
Plug the power cord into the wall outlet securely.
|The TV is not set to receive the DVD signal.
|Select the appropriate video input mode on the TV so the pic-
ture from the DVD karaoke recoder appears on the TV screen.
|The video cables are not connected securely.
|Connect the video cables securely to both the TV and DVD
karaoke recoder .
|There is little or no sound
|Equipment connected via the audio cable is not set to receive DVD signal output.
|Select the correct input mode of the audio receiver so you can hear the sound from the DVD karaoke recoder .
|The audio cables are not connected to the speakers or
|Connect the audio cables into the connection terminals cor-
|The audio cables are damaged.
|Replace with a new audio cable.
|The DVD picture quality is poor
|The disc is dirty.
|Clean the disc using a soft cloth with outward strokes.
|A DVD/CD will not play
|No disc is inserted.
|Insert a disc
|An unplayable disc is inserted.
|Insert a playable disc (check the disc type, colour system
and regional code).
|The disc is inserted upside down.
|Place the disc with the label or printed side facing
|The menu is open on screen.
|Press SETUP to close the menu screen.
|There is a parental lock which prevents the playback of DVDs with a certain rating.
|Enter your password or change the rating level.
|Humming noise heard while a DVD or CD is playing
|The disc is dirty.
|Clean the disc using a soft cloth with outward strokes.
|The DVD karaoke recoder is located too close to the TV, caus- ing feedback.
|Move DVD karaoke recoder and audio components further
away from your TV.
|The remote control doesn’t work well / at all
|The remote is not pointed directly at the DVD karaoke recoder.
|Point the remote directly at the unit.
|The remote is too far from the DVD karaoke recoder .
|Use the remote within 23 feet (7m) of the DVD karaoke recoder .
|There is an obstacle in the path between the remote control and the unit.
|Remove the obstacle.
|The battery in the remote control are flat.
|Replace the batteries with new ones.
About the Symbol Display
“” may appear on your TV display during operation and indicates that the function explained in this owner’s manual is not available on specific discs.
This unit has a regional code printed on the rear of the unit. This unit can play only DVD discs labeled same as the rear of the unit or “ALL”.
- Most DVD discs have a globe with one or more numbers in it clearly visible on the cover. This number must match your unit’s regional code or the disc cannot play.
- If you try to play a DVD with a different regional code from your player, the message “Check Regional Code” appears on the TV screen.
It is forbidden by law to copy, broadcast, show, broadcast via cable, play in public, or rent copyrighted material without permission. This product features the copy protection function developed by Macrovision. Copy protection signals are recorded on some discs. When recording and playing the pictures of these discs picture noise will appear. This product incorporates copyright protection technology that is protected by U.S. patents and other intellectual property rights. Use of this copyright protection technology must be authorized by Macrovision, and is intended for home and other limited viewing uses only unless otherwise authorized by Macrovision. Reverse engineering or disassembly
is prohibited. CONSUMERS SHOULD NOTE THAT NOT ALL HIGH DEFINITION TELEVISION SETS ARE FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PRODUCT AND MAY CAUSE ARTIFACTS TO BE DISPLAYED IN THE PICTURE. IN CASE OF 525 OR 625 PROGRESSIVE SCAN PICTURE PROBLEMS, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE USER SWITCH THE CONNECTION TO THE ‘STANDARD DEFINITION’ OUTPUT. IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS REGARDING OUR TV SET COMPATIBILITY WITH THIS MODEL 525p AND 625p UNIT, PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER. You have to set the disc format option to [Mastered] in order to make the disc compatible with the LG players when formatting rewritable discs. When setting the option to Live File System, you cannot use it on LG players. (Mastered/Live File System : Disc format system for Windows Vista)