Best Way Corp LAY Z SPA
Pre Setup Check List
Please examine equipment before use. Notify Best Way ® customer service of any damaged or missing parts at the time of purchase. Verify that the equipment components represent the model that you had intended to purchase. For reference please use the diagrams below.
SPA PUMP EQUIPOTENTIAL BONDING TERMINAL
It is recommended to arrange for a qualified electrician to connect the spa pump to an equipotential bonding terminal using a minimum 2.5mm2 solid copper conductor. When inflating, you will notice that air will be expelled from the area where the air hose connects to the pump, this is normal for technique requirements. Important: Don’t cover the holes on the base of the inflation hose. This operation will over inflate the liner and damage the structure. Do not use an air compressor to inflate the pool. Do not drag the pool on rough ground as this may cause damage to the pool liner. Inflation time for reference only.
Using the SPA
- You can keep the spa on during winter when the temperature is lower than 6°C(42.8°F). The Freeze Shield™ system automatically keeps the water temperature between 6°C(42.8°F) and 10°C(50°F), and it will prevent the water from freezing. Important: If the water temperature is below 6°C(42.8°F), the spa heater must always be on. In this mode, the Freeze Shield™ system can keep the internal temperature between 6°C(42.8°F) and 10°C(50°F) to prevent damage, such as water freezing in the pipes or the circulation system. Important: If the Freeze Shield™ system isn’t working, alarms will pop up on the spa. Be sure to check the status of your spa if the outdoor temperature is below 6°C(42.8°F). In case of a long-term absence from home when there is a risk of temperatures falling below 6°C(42.8°F), we strongly suggest disassembling the spa and storing it following the storage procedure.
- Any damage as a result of using the spa in these conditions is the responsibility of the customer. Do not use the spa when the ambient temperature reaches -10°C(14°F).
When using the Lay-Z-Spa for first time, or after a long period of inactivity, be sure to press the reset button on the pump using a small and thin object. If the temperature on the control panel (or the water temperature) has not changed 4-5 hours after activation of the heating system, use a thin object to press the RESET BUTTON, and restart the heating system.
To reach 40°C (104°F), the heating duration required is based on the starting water temperature and ambient temperature, the data below is purely for reference. To display the current water temperature, run the filter system for at least a minute.
Adding Air : Your spa will require additional air to be added from time to time. Changes in temperature from day to night will change the pressure in the spa and may cause a certain amount of deflation. Please follow the assembly instructions and inflate to the accurate pressure needed. When you need to use the pump for inflation, please block the hoses to prevent water from escaping, then disconnect the pump, screw on the cap to avoid water coming out from the air pipe.
The cover shall be cleaned inside and out periodically using a suitable solution that includes adequate disinfection (e.g. 10 mg/l of Free Chlorine).
Filter Cartridge Maintenance
To ensure your spa water stays clean, check and clean your filter cartridges every day follow the steps below.
Many pollutants in the water settle on surfaces below the water line. These pollutants can cause bacterial, algal or fungal growth. It is recommended that spas are cleaned as regularly as necessary. After a time, tenacious stains or biofilms may develop on the accessible surfaces below the water line or high concentrations of salts or unwanted reaction by-products may also occur. Depending on hygienic condition, cleanliness, visibility, odour, debris and stains, it is recommended to change the water completely and clean/disinfect the spa. When emptying the spa, the regulations and the instructions for draining the water shall be observed. Keeping your spa water clean and chemically balanced is necessary. Simply cleaning the filter cartridge is not enough for proper maintenance, we recommend you use pool chemicals to maintain water chemistry and chlorine or bromine tablets (do not use granules) with the chemical dispenser.
DISASSEMBLY AND STORAGE
Make sure the spa and pump are completely dry. This is essential to extend the life of the spa. We recommend using the pump to blow dry the spa, pump and pipes. Remove the filter sets and discard the used filter cartridges. Re-attach the two stopper caps onto the spa’s inlet and outlet valves. It is recommended you store the spa in its original package in a warm [above 15°C (59°F)] and dry place.
CLEANING THE SPA
Detergent residues and dissolved solids from bathing suits and chemicals may build up on the spa walls. Use soap and water to clean the walls and rinse thoroughly.
Your spa is equipped with a deflation function to remove all the air from inside the chamber to make it easier to pack and store.
Waste electrical products should not be disposed of with household waste. Please recycle where facilities exist. Check with your local authority or retailer for recycling advice.
REPAIR For PVC Part
If the spa is torn or punctured, use the provided underwater adhesive repair patch.
- Clean area to be repaired.
- Carefully peel patch.
- Press patch over area to be repaired.
- Wait 30 seconds before inflation.
For Tritech PVC material.
If the spa is torn or punctured, use the provided PVC repair patch and glue (not included) following these steps:
- Clean and dry area to be repaired.
- Cut the provided PVC patch to appropriate size.
- Use glue (not included) to coat the one side of the newly cut patch. Make sure the glue is evenly distributed.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then place the cut patch with glue over the damaged area.
- Smooth out any bubbles of air that may be trapped underneath, and press firmly for two minutes.
- The product is once again ready for use. Repeat this process should further leaks occur.
- Wait 30 minutes before inflation.
Best way strives to provide the most trouble-free spas on the market. If you experience any problems whatsoever, do not hesitate to contact Best way or your authorized dealer. Here are some helpful tips to help you to diagnose and rectify some common sources of trouble.
For support please visit us at: bestwaycorp.com/support
©2020 Bestway Inflatables & Material Corp.