Baby Brezza Formula Pro Advanced Instructions For Set-Up, Use And Cleaning
Please read fully to ensure your Formula Pro® Advanced works properly every time.
Nice job reading the instruction manual cover-to-cover!
Here are a few extra tips to keep you & your Formula Pro® Advanced happy.
If you are experiencing problems with your Baby Brezza Formula Pro® Advanced, please call Baby Brezza Customer Service at: 1-800-667-8184 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org before returning the product to the store you purchased it at so that we can offer you our best service customized to your particular situation.
Limited 1-Year Warranty
The limited warranty is valid only on products bought through authorized resellers and used in Canada. Buying through an unauthorized reseller or using this product outside of Canada automatically voids this warranty. This warranty is available to consumers only. You are a consumer if you own a Baby Brezza Formula Pro® Advanced that was purchased at retail for personal, family or household use. Except as otherwise required under applicable law, this warranty is not available to retailers or other commercial purchasers or owners. We warrant that your Baby Brezza Formula Pro® Advanced will be free of defects in material or workmanship under normal home use for one year from the date of original purchase. Customer will be required to present original proof of purchase in order to obtain the warranty benefits. In the event that you do not have proof of purchase date, the purchase date for purposes of this warranty will be the date of manufacture. If your Baby Brezza Formula Pro® Advanced should prove to be defective within the warranty period, we will repair it or, if we consider it necessary, replace it. To obtain warranty services, please call Customer Service at 1-800-667-8184 or write to: email@example.com.
This product may be covered under one or more of the following including U.S. Patent No. 8,584,901, Canada
Patent No. 2,842,603, China Patent No. CN103874441, Australia Patent No. 2011374309, Spain Patent No. ES2473790B2 and pending patent application(s) in the U.S. and other countries.
1. Read all instructions before using.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces.
3. To protect against electric shock and injury to persons, do not immerse cord, plug, or appliance in water or other liquid.
4. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for
their safety. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
5. Turn the appliance OFF, then unplug from the outlet when not in use, before assembling or disassembling parts and before cleaning.
To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner.
Contact the manufacturer at their customer service telephone number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
8. Use on level surface and be sure there is no debris under the unit and the rubber wheels are touching the surface.
9. Household use only. Do not use outdoors.
10. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
11. Do not place on or near hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
12. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
13. Do not attempt to use the machine without water in the water tank.
14. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade wider than the other). To reduce risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
15. A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce risks of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Longer detachable power-supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use. If using the machine with an extension cord, make sure the cord is the proper electrical rating for the machine. The extension cord should be arranged so that it does not drape over a counter top or tabletop, where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
16. Before serving make sure formula mixture is at safe temperature for baby.
17. Avoid contact with moving parts. Never remove powder container, powder container lid, funnel or water tank while machine is in operation.
18. Do not disassemble or open base of machine.
• Set-up & cleaning is critical to the function of your Formula Pro® Advanced. Please follow all instructions properly.
• For infants less than 6 months old, always use distilled or boiled water cooled to room temperature.
• Never pour boiling/hot water in water tank. Use distilled, purified, or boiled water cooled to room temperature for infant formula preparation.
• Un-boiled tap water and/or unsterilized baby bottles can potentially lead to adverse effects for the health of your baby.
• Only prepare one bottle at a time, feed immediately & follow all instructions carefully. Do not keep leftover formula mix.
• If your child was born premature, with low birth-weight or is immune deficient, please consult your pediatrician before using this machine.
Save these instructions
Please read & follow all instructions carefully to get the most out of your Formula Pro Advanced ®.
Attention: Don’t take anything apart yet.
Follow these steps before doing anything else.
• Place the Formula Pro® Advanced on the counter or other level surface and turn it around so the back is facing you.
• Remove the water tank from the back of the machine, wash it with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly, then dry.
• Fill water tank with distilled or purified water suitable for infant formula preparation, or boiled water, cooled to room temperature.
• Place water tank back on base, turn the machine around so the front is facing you and then plug it in.
• The machine will beep once to tell you it’s powered on. You’ll also see the LCD display turn on.
Now let’s rinse the inside of the machine.
• Get a cup or bottle larger than 300ml (10oz) and place it under the funnel.
• Press the “ml/oz” button on the control panel repeatedly until the LCD screen says “300ml (10oz)”
• Now press the “water only” button on the control panel. The Formula Pro® Advanced will dispense 300ml (10oz) of water.
• Dispose of the water dispensed, or use it to water your plants.
Now you can unplug the machine, remove all the parts shown on the next page and set-up your new Formula Pro® Advanced.
• Get familiar with the part names on the next page, then proceed with the set-up on the following pages.
Formula Pro® Advanced – parts
Disassemble and wash all parts (except the base) and dry thoroughly. Assemble as shown.
Now you’re ready to add powder and make your first bottle.
Preparing your first bottle
Formula Pro® Advanced – controls & operation
Temperature indicator symbols Powder & water settingsWarning symbols
The Formula Pro® Advanced will not run if any of these symbols are illuminated on the LCD display.
Make sure your Formula Pro® Advanced is plugged in.
Preparing your first bottle (continued)
Daily Cleaning Instructions:
It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to clean the funnel after every 4 bottles made.
This will keep your Formula Pro® Advanced dispensing accurately.
Always make sure Funnel & Funnel cover are COMPLETELY DRY before using re-assembling.
Monthly Cleaning Instructions:
Once a month, give your Formula Pro® Advanced a thorough cleaning.
Please watch set-up and cleaning videos at elfe.com.
Monthly Descaling Instructions
Please watch set-up and cleaning videos at elfe.com.
You can leave the formula powder in the powder tank during the descaling process.
To prevent mineral scale on the water heater inside your Formula Pro® Advanced, follow these easy steps:
1. Remove the water tank, empty it and fill it with 600ml (20oz) distilled vinegar & 600ml (20oz) of purified water.
2. Place the water tank on the base of the machine & place a cup larger than 300ml (10oz) under the funnel.
3. Select 300ml (10oz) with the “ml/oz” button, then press the “water only” button to dispense.
4. Empty the cup, place back under the funnel, then press the “water only” button again to dispense another 300ml (10oz).
5. Now unplug the machine, remove the water tank, and empty it. Let the machine sit for 4 hours.
6. Wash, rinse and fill the water tank to the max line with purified water, then place it back on the base.
7. Plug in the machine, place a cup to catch 300ml (10oz) water and use the “water only” button to run an 300ml (10oz) cycle. Dispose of the water dispensed in the cup and then repeat this step to run the entire tank of purified water
through the machine. When the “Low Water” indicator turns on, you’re done rinsing.
8. Recall the water tank with distilled, purified, or boiled water cooled to room temperature and return to normal use.
Long Term Storage Instructions
If you’re going to store your Formula Pro® Advanced for later use, or will not use it for a while, please follow the instructions below:
1. Remove the powder container parts, funnel, funnel cover, drip tray and water tank from the base.
2. Wipe the base with a clean damp cloth and make sure to remove any and all formula residue. Dry the base well.
3. Empty the powder container, wash all powder container parts, dry throughly, reassemble, & reinstall on the base.
4. Follow the Monthly Descaling Instructions on page 12, steps 1-7 only. Do not remove or refill the water tank after step 7.
5. Now place a cup to catch 300ml (10oz) water under the funnel, then press & hold the “water only” button for 5 seconds.
Water will dispense continuously until the machine is completely empty, then stop automatically.
6. Unplug the machine, remove the funnel, funnel cover and water tank, dry them both thoroughly and reinstall them on the machine.
7. Your machine is now ready for storage. Pack the machine in its box, or enclose it in a bag to keep it dust free.
In the unlikely event of electrical component error or interruption during operation, the following codes will be displayed on the LCD screen. Pressing and holding the “stop” button will clear the code and operation should return to normal. If the code returns or is unable to be cleared, please contact Baby Brezza Customer Service.
If you can not remedy problems by using the troubleshooting chart above, do not return your Formula Pro® Advanced to the store.
Please contact Baby Brezza Customer Service at 1-800-667-8184 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.